About Portside Preschool & Long Day Care Centre, Port Macquarie
Portside Preschool & Long Day Care Centre, Port Macquarie, is boutique service owned and operated by local family with 20 years Early Childhood experience. Approved Provider Number: PR - 00004959. NSW Department of Education registered for 29 places. SE 00008757.
Child Care fee Subsidy is provided to families through registration with the Australian Government Department of Human Services. This is family income dependent. This is available as the Child Care Subsidy. Our Centre provider number = 406987066 V
Fees are payable for enrolled or reserved days. No GST applies. Payment is by direct deposit into the Centre account. Please ask for banking details.
Daily fees from 10/7/23 - 30/6/24
$18.13^ - $125.60 includes 5% CCS Govt. withholding. ^gap fee is assessed by CentreLink/MyGov and is dependent on family income.
To receive Child Care Subsidy (CCS) families need to register with MyGov and enter into a Complying Written Agreement (CWA), otherwise full fee of $125.60 will apply. NSW Government Start Strong Affordable Funding/fee relief of up to $2,110 is available to eligible families for children in the year before formal schooling and up to $500 for 3 year olds (depending on date of birth).
Enrolment & CCS funding assistance is linked to verification of a child’s immunisation.
Quality of standards are ensured through the participation in the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education & Care Services. Our service is rated as Exceeding the National Standard.
At Portside Preschool & Long Day Care Centre:
OUR VISION is
“Your child’s education & care are our priority”
OUR MISSION is
To work in partnership with families and the wider community to assist children in developing their fullest potential
Our aim is to provide a welcoming, nurturing, caring, sustainable environment that promotes and encourages a love of learning and a sense of belonging. We facilitate a diverse and equitable child focussed curriculum & learning environment. We encourage, support and involve each family in the care & education of the children. By continually reflecting and evaluating our practices, we aim to enhance respectful, reciprocal relationships between children, families, educators and management. As Early Childhood Educators we strive to always do our best in the quest for the highest quality of standards.
OUR COMMITMENT is that
Our CENTRE GOALS are embedded in our everyday practices and are aligned with the National Quality Framework, Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) Pedagogy, Principles and Practices and key Learning Outcomes. They are also based on the Theories of early childhood development and education.
- We aim to provide opportunities for children to participate and learn through play. This forms the foundation of the children’s learning program, which in turn meets their individual needs, fulfills their interests and builds on their abilities.
- We strive to help children feel valued & respected, and safe ensuring we provide a secure base and safe haven for them to build upon a strong sense of identity and connection.
- We encourage children to engage in their learning through exploration and express their ideas creatively.
- We pride ourselves in programming for each individual child and facilitate a variety of experiences, so that children can communicate their ideas, suggestions and feelings.
- We aim to help each child to develop to their fullest potential in a holistic sense - socially, emotionally, physically, cognitively and with an environmental sustainability consciousness.
- We aim to prepare children for school by developing life skills ie. social skills, relationships, self expression skills, self help skills and independence, pre-literacy and pre-numeracy skills, hence providing a broad foundation for further learning.
- We aim to give an appreciation of the world as children see it, reflect on the cultural mix of our local community and enrolled families as well as an understanding of global diversity.
- We nurture respectful, reciprocal relationships with children, families, service providers, within our Educator team and our community.
- Our Educators are encouraged to critically reflect and document their practices and the service processes processes.